our vision at sherbrooke:
Our School Community, Students, Staff and Parents work together to ensure all students develop a sense of self, understand their role in and responsibility to the local and broader community and are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential academically, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
Success at Sherbrooke
Success at Sherbrooke is based on individual achievement. Students set personal goals with assistance from teachers based on academic and personal needs. Students regularly reflect on their own learning progress and present their annual progress to a panel in the round table process.
Sherbrooke is a community school and we take our commitment to both our local and global communities very seriously. We are focussed on sustainability and are involved in many activities such as recycling, revegetation and solar energy. We work to increase our sustainability by adopting practices that support this aim. We expect a commitment from parents who wish to enrol their children at Sherbrooke. That commitment is:
· To support Sherbrooke’s vision statement
· To support Sherbrooke’s welfare and discipline policy
· To facilitate regular attendance
· To meet their financial commitments to the school
· To become involved in the school community in some capacity
- The school environment should be safe and nurturing, where students are able to express their individuality.
- Our small school provides the best opportunities for all students
- Education is a shared responsibility between home and school
- Parental involvement in the school is welcomed and valued
- Student voices are heard
- All teachers will provide differentiated learning experiences to cater for individual needs and learning styles
- Assessment including teacher, peer and self is ongoing and non-competitive
- Students are global citizens with social responsibilities
For more information about Sherbrooke Community School - Please download the Parent Brochure here!